Harrison

Do you wonder what your community does to be kind to each other? Help each other? Show Acts of Kindness? Look at what other communities are doing, and see how you can support yours in innovative and useful ways.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Eva Cassidy - Somewhere Over the Rainbow


Tribute to the Extraordinary Eva Cassidy ~

I discovered the profound beauty and talent of Eva Cassidy just recently while recovering from surgery. Laptop surfing, I was searching for something to take my mind off the emotional anguish and physical pain of my recent wounds. Somehow I stumbled across the videos of Eva Cassidy's Live performance at Blues Alley.

From her first notes, I was stunned and captivated. And comforted. Her musical selection, interpretation, range, enunciation, sustaining notes, phrasing, rich timbre and vocal acrobatics are exquisitely overwhelming. Her power and softness are a constant marvel. Her delivery is perfection.

The sheer beauty of her music reaches very deep inside me and yet simultaneously transports me far beyond myself.

It is rather foolish to do what I've just done (and have never before felt compelled to do); put together a simple, inadequate slide show. Especially when we are blessed with the great and haunting footage of Eva's live performance at Blues Alley. But it is my humble, yet passionate thank you to Eva Cassidy for sharing her unforgettable music, art and spirit. Her voice is a conduit to something bigger, more profound and extraordinary than words can express.

No comments: